With our Little Mermaid themed party, you can have the finest party ever beneath the sea! Prepare to transform your home into Atlantica, pose in a fun photo booth with Ariel, and blow out the candles on a Little Mermaid birthday cake.
Little Mermaid Birthday Party Ideas
The day’s colors are blue, green, and purple, in honor of Ariel and her hometown of Atlantica. Spread out o-fish-al plates with Ariel’s happy face, place Ariel blowouts next to each table setting, and you’re ready for birthday cake!
Make a photo booth a hit!
To create the perfect backdrop, start with a Little Mermaid scene setter and a giant Ariel balloon that the girls can swim with! Posing for photos in goofy head boppers, party hats, giant sunglasses, and beads will be a blast for the kids.
Little Mermaid chair decoration
For your party chairs, make adorable kelp and bubbles! The finest DIYs appear to be really difficult but are actually rather simple. Tape Little Mermaid swirl decorations to the top edge of the Ariel party chairs.
Cut the characters from the strand if you don’t like where they’re hanging and retape them where you want them! Attach little transparent balloons as bubbles using double-sided tape. There’s no need for helium in this situation!
Create a custom banner of a Little Mermaid
Your kid will be overjoyed to see her photo on a banner! Hang an unique Little Mermaid birthday banner to get your party off to a great start!
You can hang some swirls as well and scatter some seashells as a Little Mermaid essential decoration.
How to be Ariel Looks Like? It’s Gonna be Your Best Outfit!
Your young princess would love dressing up as her favorite Disney character at a Little Mermaid party. In this lovely Ariel outfit, she’ll have a blast swimming around her celebration!
It’s all about the tiaras during birthday parties! If your little mermaid has a special dress planned for her birthday, complete the look with an Ariel tiara and an award ribbon made just for her.
Adding some colorful accessories! Welcome the young mermaids to the party with these wonderful accessories for them to wear. The girls are getting set to celebrate with Ariel tiaras and sparkling star sunglasses.
Little Mermaid Birthday Party Menu
Everyone enjoys yummy foods. You can serve some meals that are really close to a Little Mermaid themed party.
Little Mermaid and her companions cupcakes
First, you can decorate cupcakes with Ariel and her companions from The Little Mermaid!
Bake the birthday girl’s favorite cupcake in Little Mermaid baking cups, then use blue icing to make gorgeous blue waves. Finish by putting them on a Little Mermaid cupcake tower and capping them with an Ariel or Flounder cupcake pick.
Aside, you can also add some fresh fruits. Cut pineapple into starfish shapes with a star-shaped cookie cutter to make these adorable starfish pineapple skewers. Using Ariel and Flounder picks, turn them into little kebabs.
Dip in seaweed
A mermaid theme party must include a seaweed dish. Find a dip recipe and buy a bowl* with a mermaid or seashell on it. To make a shark fin, place a chip on top.
Cake pops with mermaid tails
Mermaid tail cake pops are easy to create at home or purchase from a bakery. When it comes to taste combinations, go inventive!
Fish and chips
For a tiny mermaid birthday celebration, goldfish and tostitos are the ideal pairing! Even Tostitos Scoops resemble shells!
Fill a glass pitcher halfway with blue Kool-Aid* and label it “Sea Water” to give to the mermaids and mermen.
Little Mermaid Birthday Party Details and Supplies
What is the location of the Little Mermaid’s houses? Of course, it’s under the sea!
To make a “deep-sea dive,” twist and attach paper streamers* to the wall and place fish cutouts* in between the “seaweed.” You can also use décor with an ocean theme*. If you’re going to buy decorations, make sure they’re either dark blue or baby blue (ocean colors).
Consider the following details:
- If you don’t want to utilize a party favor bag, you may make your own. Consider using a Little Mermaid party favor box to keep all the hidden treasures safe.
- Adding a personal touch to your party goodies is always a hit!
- Consider labeling water bottles with the event’s name.
- Because party favors are a must-have for any special occasion, personalize the gift tag with a nice message.
- Not every mermaid has access to a rock to rest on. As an alternative, present customized mermaid towels.
- Ariel enjoys going on adventures and collecting stuff! Fill sand buckets* with a variety of chocolates, little ocean-themed toys*, stickers, and whatever else comes to mind.
- The most crucial party materials are plates, napkins, and cups. Place settings for each of them on the table, and don’t forget the dinglehoppers with some fun additions!
- At their birthday celebration, everyone will need plates, spoons, and knives to enjoy all of the delicious food!
- When it comes to Little Mermaid birthday party ideas, Ariel balloons are some of the most famous embellishments.
- Mermaid-themed pool floats are a must-have if you’re planning a pool party. Even if they aren’t, they make fantastic photo props!
- Label each table with Little Mermaid food tent cards for enhanced organizing.
Make it more special with this unique invitations design
These invitations make your baby the star of the show! Some people overlook the importance of sending paper invites. Personalize your invites even further by including a photo of your child! You’ll want one for your scrapbook as well.
On the birthday party invites, tell your guests to come dressed as their favorite mermaid, princess, prince, or ocean-themed character.
The story of Ariel, the Little Mermaid, is inspirational. Now it’s your turn to tell your own story! We hope you found some little mermaid birthday party ideas after reading this and that you have fun preparing and hosting this event. This tiny mermaid theme is perfect for celebrating your child’s or loved one’s birthday.